About West Bloomfield, MI
The charming charter township of West Bloomfield, MI if well known throughout the area for its beautiful large single-family homes, rolling hills, winding roads, and scenic lake views. Residents of area enjoy a full range of public services, including its own police and fire departments as well as road, water, and sewer divisions.
Browse Real Estate In West Bloomfield
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Browse Real Estate In West Bloomfield
West Bloomfield Real Estate Market
West Bloomfield homes for sale are found in this Detroit suburb of South Central Oakland County. The community is a charter township, conveniently located just 10 minutes from the city's northwest limits, and 30 minutes from the Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Telegraph Road and Northwestern Highway provide residents with easy access to major expressways.
West Bloomfield homes are found in immaculately-landscaped neighborhoods amongst rolling hills and sparkling lakes. Real estate is near plenty of amenities including specialty shops, recreational facilities and the state's finest schools. Real estate in West Bloomfield is coveted; this exclusive community has a variety of high-end homes to choose from. This community boasts expansive waterfront mansions, as well as executive-style properties, and even some charming and affordable ranch-style homes. You'll find a combination of modern new construction homes, and also a selection of beautiful heritage homes, attractively updated with all of today's modern conveniences.
Ranked number 37 in Money Magazine’s Top 100 Small Cities in 2012, West Bloomfield is a great place to raise a family. If you’re looking for high-end shopping or wanting to hit some bigger retail stores, you’ll find plenty on Orchard Lake Road, which runs through the city. The diverse population brings a lot of culture to the area which can be seen amongst the restaurants in and around the city. West Bloomfield is comprised of three zip codes: 48322, 48323, and 48324.
Ranked number 6 on the top 100 high-income places with a population of at least 50,000, West Bloomfield boasts many large and beautiful homes and upscale shops. Perhaps that has to do with the amount of lakes within the city. Many West Bloomfield residents live on or near one of the 25 lakes within the city limits. Luxurious and accommodating grocery stores like Plum Market and Hiller’s Market and even Whole Foods have become a staple for the community, along with many high-end restaurants.
The median home value in Livonia is at $291,200 and a whopping 91% of its homeowners live in the same home year-after-year.
West Bloomfield Community Amenities
West Bloomfield is home to 25 lakes, including Cass Lake and Pine Lake, the latter of which has its own country club and other amenities. It is easy for residents to enjoy a fulfilling and active lifestyle in this community; there are almost 200 public golf courses within 15 miles of the township, and plenty of community parks and sports fields to enjoy. There is a vibrant bar scene here, with over 150 bars, and also an astonishing 3,656 restaurants to indulge in.
West Bloomfield has many great subdivisions with playgrounds and small parks. The area is quite safe and perfect for those early morning jogs or bike rides.
West Bloomfield Neighborhood Highlights
- All Things Water - Literally thousands of acres of water where you can go boating, water skiing, tubing, wakeboarding and more! Spend a beautiful summer day on one of West Bloomfield’s 25 lakes.
- Meet A Friend - With lots of restaurants, delis, coffee shops and even a cigar bar, West Bloomfield is a great place that is centrally located near Metro Detroit and perfect for meeting up with friends.
You’ll find that West Bloomfield, Michigan, is an excellent place to raise a family and, with all it offers, it’s no wonder why it ranks so high in being one of the best places to live and one of the safest cities in the entire country. If you’re looking to shop for new school clothes or just want to get a few nice things for yourself, you’ll have a lot of options along Orchard Lake Road and beyond. Whether you want to spend a day out on the water or you want to settle down and raise some kids, West Bloomfield is a top-notch place to call home.
West Bloomfield School Information
West Bloomfield has its own public school system which also encompasses nearby Keego Harbor, Orchard Lake Village, and about 10% of Sylvan Lake. Overall, the West Bloomfield School District educates over 6,500 students.
There are: 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school (Go Lakers!).
West Bloomfield Geographical Location
- 25 Lakes - There are 25 lakes within West Bloomfield where you can take a boat out, enjoy fishing, water skiing or swimming. These lakes vary from the 2.7-acre Rockwell Lake to the biggest lake in Oakland County, Cass Lake, which is 1,280 acres with a maximum depth of 123 feet!
- 2 Libraries - You’ll have your choice of two libraries to check out books, DVDs, CDs and more.
- Henry Ford Hospital - A new approach to hospital care, this hospital believes in a comprehensive health care experience that includes mind, body and spirit. There’s a “Main Street” with shops and demonstrations as well as a greenhouse on the premises.
- 6 Private Golf Courses/Country Clubs - That’s right! Six great places to spend an evening after work or a weekend morning with some pals.
- Great Lakes Crossing (Auburn Hills) - Over 185 outlets and retail stores are located at this indoor outlet mall. You’ll have choices beyond these stores too, from dining to entertainment to a 25-screen movie theater.
- 12 Oaks Mall (Novi) - Featuring some of the best department stores and dozens of other stores throughout, this luxurious mall boasts a Macy’s, Nordstrom and Michigan’s only Cheesecake Factory.
- Somerset Collection (Troy) - From valet parking to a full-service concierge, this upscale mall features luxurious department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Macy’s, as well as high-end stores like Tiffany & Co. and Gucci.
West Bloomfield is conveniently close to many of the great things that Metro Detroit has to offer. You’re not far from Downtown when you want to catch a ball game, and you can easily get across town by jumping on the area freeways.
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport - 36 mins away
- Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park, Detroit Red Wings at the Joe Louis, or Detroit Lions at Ford Field - 36 minutes away
- Detroit Pistons at the Palace of Auburn Hills - 23 minutes away
- The University of Michigan Ann Arbor - 42 minutes away
- Michigan State University East Lansing - 1 hour 6 minutes away
- Kensington MetroPark - 30 minutes away
- Boyne Mountain Ski Resort - 3 hours 30 minutes away
- Mackinac Island - 4 hours away
West Bloomfield Historical Facts
West Bloomfield started on Cass Lake, where farmers and merchants utilized the land, but was founded officially in 1833, when Bloomfield Township was divided into two portions. It was in 1895 that residents in Pontiac and Detroit started to spend their weekends up in the area. A simple trolley line brought them to the area before it was officially known as West Bloomfield. Cottages began popping up along Orchard Lake Road in the 1950s.
Currently, the Greater West Bloomfield Historical Society hosts many of the archives dating back decades about West Bloomfield and the surrounding area. From trolley systems to historically significant sites, they have lots of information, records and documents worth checking out.
West Bloomfield Demographics
- Population: 79,740 (according to 2010 census)
- Median Age: 42.1
- Median Household Income: $67,803
- 51.3% of the population over the age of 25 have a bachelor's degree or higher
West Bloomfield City Information
West Bloomfield City Hall
4550 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48325
Phone: (248) 682-3788
4530 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
Phone (non-emergency): (248) 975-9200
5425 W Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Phone (non-emergency): (248) 409-1505
West Bloomfield Parks & Recreation Center
4640 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
Phone: (248) 451-1900
West Bloomfield Public Schools
3575 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
Phone: (248) 539-2366
West Bloomfield Local Resources
West Bloomfield Real Estate Agents
If you're buying or selling a home in West Bloomfield, let our team of West Bloomfield real estate agents guide you through buying or selling West Bloomfield property today. As local West Bloomfield real estate experts and real estate agents, we have exclusive insider knowledge of West Bloomfield market dynamics. Let us help you today!
Provided through IDX through Realcomp II Ltd. Courtesy of Elegant Homes Realty. Copyright 2019 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.